The Episcopal Day School library serves the entire school community and our school librarian is Mrs. Kathi Martinez. Grades 4K - 6th grade attend the library once a week for a 25 minute session. While at the library, the students check in and check out books for class assignments and pleasure reading. Students are exposed to a variety of literature including biographies, poetry, myths, short stories and non-fiction.
7:30 AM - 8:00 AM
1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Students will visit the library on a regularly scheduled basis.
-Early Childhood Students: 1 book for 1 week
-First Grade Students: 2 book for 1 week
-Second through Fourth Grade Students: 2 books for 2 weeks
-Fifth and Sixth Grade Students: 3 books for 2 weeks
Students are encouraged to use the library often to check out books and reading material. Donations of books or money for the library are gratefully accepted and appreciated. Donations of “used” books will become a part of the library’s collection within the guidelines of the library’s selection policy.
Parents/grandparents, etc., may participate in the Birthday Book Club. They are invited to have their child's birthday recognized by giving a book to the school library. Once a donation has been received, the librarian will purchase a book and insert a plate bearing the child's name as honoree. The honoree will then be given the opportunity to check it out first. This project promotes the value of reading and gives students a sense of pride in contributing to the library's growth.
eBooks available through our all-inclusive database Mackinvia. Students can access these books and databases such as Brainpop, Britannica, Discovery Education and EBSCO Host at: www.mackinvia.com. Please ask your teacher for your student’s log in.
Here are some online books for your kids (free!):
- International Children's Digital Library
- Book Adventure
These sites provide fun, educational safe games and activities for your children:
- PBS Kids: Find all your favorite PBS characters here!
- Wonderopolis: Discover a new wonder each day. It’s full of fun facts!
- Starfall: Features great activities for Pre-school to 2nd grade
- National Geographic Kids: Games, videos, information, cool photos, and more will keep your kids engaged and learning on this educational site.
- Fun Brain: Math and reading video-like games like math baseball and Mad Libs Junior.
- Whyville: Tweens hang out in Whyville to play learning games and socialize.
- Spatulatta: Get into cooking on this kid-friendly cooking website with lots of videos and recipes.
- NGA Kids: This website gives users art adventures and activities from the National Gallery of Art.
Safe and easy research sites for children: